Attempted luring on SW Side prompts warning
September 5, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police have issued a community warning after a man attempted to lure a teenage girl into his car.
It happened about 6:15 Wednesday night as the 14-year-old was walking near Archer and Wood on Chicago's Southwest Side.
Police say the man pulled his car alongside the girl and began talking to her. According to investigators, the man repeatedly asked the girl if she wanted a ride and made suggestive comments.
The girl was able to run to safety at a nearby fire station.
- Firefighters, cop among 8 injured in South Side fire
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Suspect sought in Boystown alley sex assault
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Drunk driver charged with driving 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Teen smoking sees dramatic drop in Chicago
- Shedd announces female penguin chick's name
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand