Mayor Rahm Emanuel will not privatize Midway Airport
September 5, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Mayor Rahm Emanuel is no longer considering the privatization of Midway Airport.
That's after one of only two remaining bidders dropped out of the high-stakes competition.
The mayor was facing mounting opposition from city council following the widely-criticized deal that privatized Chicago parking meters.
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting 31 min ago
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife 57 min ago
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping 20 min ago
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- ComEd seeks rate hike to help pay for Smart Grid
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Chicago casino plans pitched at gaming hearing
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos