Mayor Rahm Emanuel will not privatize Midway Airport
September 5, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Mayor Rahm Emanuel is no longer considering the privatization of Midway Airport.
That's after one of only two remaining bidders dropped out of the high-stakes competition.
The mayor was facing mounting opposition from city council following the widely-criticized deal that privatized Chicago parking meters.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures passenger 41 min ago
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 35 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Police search for suspect in Valparaiso armed robberies
- Plane lands at O'Hare after reporting mechanical problem
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Reno hospital shooting on campus kills 2, including gunman
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
35 min ago