Mayor Rahm Emanuel will not privatize Midway Airport
September 5, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Mayor Rahm Emanuel is no longer considering the privatization of Midway Airport.
That's after one of only two remaining bidders dropped out of the high-stakes competition.
The mayor was facing mounting opposition from city council following the widely-criticized deal that privatized Chicago parking meters.
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party 20 min ago
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos