Chicago couple sues Northwestern Hospital over son's death
September 5, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago couple is suing Northwestern Hospital after the death of their 2-year-old son.
Nigel and Lakevia Crawford filed a malpractice and wrongful death lawsuit.
They say Nigel Jr. died as a result of a doctor's failure to diagnose and treat a disorder that causes blood clots. The lawsuit says the mother had APS and her doctor failed to take that into account when treating her pregnancy.
The lawsuit says Nigel Jr. was born prematurely in 2010 with clots in his lungs and had many medical problems before this death.
A spokesperson says Northwestern does not comment on pending litigation.
- Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 11 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD