Chicago couple sues Northwestern Hospital over son's death
September 5, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago couple is suing Northwestern Hospital after the death of their 2-year-old son.
Nigel and Lakevia Crawford filed a malpractice and wrongful death lawsuit.
They say Nigel Jr. died as a result of a doctor's failure to diagnose and treat a disorder that causes blood clots. The lawsuit says the mother had APS and her doctor failed to take that into account when treating her pregnancy.
The lawsuit says Nigel Jr. was born prematurely in 2010 with clots in his lungs and had many medical problems before this death.
A spokesperson says Northwestern does not comment on pending litigation.
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across Chicago area 45 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV 1 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton 21 min ago
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina 21 min ago
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen 19 min ago
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across...
45 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes...
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos