Police investigate possible attempted abduction in Washington Park
September 6, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Police are investigating after three children said they were approached by a man as they walked to school in the Washington Park neighborhood.
The children, a fourth-grader and her two younger brothers, were on their way to CICS Washington Park Charter School on Friday around 7:15 a.m. when they say a man in a white van tried to lure them inside near the corner of 59th and Indiana on the city's South Side.
Police say the children's stories have inconsistencies, but continue to investigate.
After Friday's possible attempted abduction, police reviewed a second, separate incident of possible child abduction. Last week a child told police she was also approached by a man in a car. Police decided that case was "not bona fide" and ended that investigation.
"We just want to make the community aware of what's going on. We need more eyes," Stacey Shells, Victory Education Partners, said.
CICS is a charter school.
chicago news, local, evelyn holmes
- Fire at building, church in Gary, Indiana
- Fast-food workers protest low wages
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Woman, 23, missing from Lincoln Square 58 min ago
- CTA Blue Line to receive $492M investment
- Mayor to create grocery store task force
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- 2015 Ford Mustang unveiling to celebrate 50 years 17 min ago
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos