Kristen Cavallari ticketed for speeding in Evanston
September 6, 2013 (EVANSTON, Ill.) (WLS) -- Kristen Cavallari, the wife of Bears quarterback Jay Cutler, was stopped by Evanston police Friday morning for speeding and required to drive to Evanston police headquarters to post bail because she was driving without a valid Illinois driver's license, police said.
Cavallari has a California license, but Illinois law requires people who have lived in the state for 90 days to have an Illinois license.
The 26-year-old, best known for her role on MTV reality television show "The Hills," was stopped around 11:50 a.m. heading north on Sheridan Rd. near the Evanston/Chicago border.
Since her license was from California, which does not participate in a reciprocal agreement among states regarding licensing, she was escorted to the Evanston Police Station to post $150 bond.
After the incident, Cavallari took to Twitter, claiming she is still a resident of California.
She reportedly received a $120 citation and is not able to drive until she gets a valid license in Illinois.
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party 1 min ago
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos