New Back of the Yards library opens
September 7, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Just in time for the new school year a new library is now open in the Back of the Yards neighborhood.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel was at Saturday's ribbon-cutting ceremony.
The library is next to the new Back of the Yards High School and is the first full-service library in the area since the old one closed in 2011.
It has a community room, a media lab for technology training and 25 computers.
There will also be a certified teacher on hand after school to help students with their homework.
rahm emanuel, chicago public schools, local
- Bitter cold expected to last through the weekend
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Northern Illinois Huskies fall to Bowling Green 47-27
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Vigil held for Khaseem Greene's cousin killed in NJ
- Blackhawks championship ring offered in raffle
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas