Dwyane Wade encourages kids to dream big
September 7, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- NBA star Dwyane Wade is back home in Chicago this weekend encouraging kids to dream big.
The Miami Heat guard hosted the Live to Dream festival at Douglas Park on the West Side Saturday. The day began with a circus featuring acrobats and jugglers.
Wade said he wanted to inspire kids to dream big by providing them with programs and support to achieve their goals.
Children also had a chance to sign up for after school activities. Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel was there supporting the effort.
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 24 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Massachusetts bans 'upskirt' photos after ruling
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant