Dwyane Wade encourages kids to dream big
September 7, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- NBA star Dwyane Wade is back home in Chicago this weekend encouraging kids to dream big.
The Miami Heat guard hosted the Live to Dream festival at Douglas Park on the West Side Saturday. The day began with a circus featuring acrobats and jugglers.
Wade said he wanted to inspire kids to dream big by providing them with programs and support to achieve their goals.
Children also had a chance to sign up for after school activities. Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel was there supporting the effort.
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Police: 2 males found dead in South Side residence 14 min ago
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake