Police, firefighters 'Rock the Badges' in battle of the bands
September 7, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Some of Chicago's first responders can also rock your socks off.
For the first time ever, Chicago police and firefighters fought it out in a battle of the bands called Rock the Badges.
Of course both sides were hoping to go back to their stations with a win and bragging rights.
But they were also raising money for two charities that help the families of fallen police and firefighters.
chicago fire department, chicago police department, local
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- Teens help clean up Chicago's beaches
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake