Man stranded on Jet Ski rescued
September 7, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A man on a Jet Ski ran out of fuel and becomes stranded on Lake Michigan before being rescued.
It happened Saturday afternoon near the 63rd Street Crib when two brothers were out jet skiing.
Ricky Martin ran out of fuel but his brother, Jim Martin, didn't know and took off back to shore.
When Jim realized his brother wasn't there, he called for help.
While the Chicago Fire Department was out looking for him, two good Samaritans came along and towed Ricky Martin back to shore.
"We knew he had a problem because we saw the other jet ski pull off and leave him, and it was like 20 minutes before we went by, and then he waved to us, let us know he needed help," said George Richardson.
"I saw helicopters flew by, and fire trucks coming by, and the ambulance, so yes, quite an ordeal," Ricky Martin said.
Martin says he didn't realize the massive search that was on because of him.
When authorities realized he had returned safely to shore, the search was called off.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...