West Side crash leaves 1 dead, teen injured
September 8, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Police say a three-car crash has left one person dead and a teenager in the hospital on Chicago's West Side.
The accident happened at Grand Avenue near Kostner just before 5:30 a.m. Sunday morning.
A 25-year-old victim was pronounced dead at the scene, while a 17-year-old was taken to Illinois Masonic Hospital.
Two other females refused medical treatment.
Police say the crash may have been the result of a car chase between several vehicles.
One of those vehicles fled the scene. Police are looking for the driver.
- Blackhawks beat Blues in OT with Patrick Kane goal 32 min ago
- Exclusive: Boy 'on alert' after surviving pit bull attack
- Judge orders day care worker released from jail
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Ebertfest 2014 underway in Champaign
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Religious display vandalized at Daley Plaza
- Sites suggested for George Lucas museum in Chicago
- Ravinia tickets on sale Thursday for 2014 concert season
- NTSB head calls for rail tank car changes
- Wortham lawsuit settled with Mississippi gun dealer
- Summer Infant recalls 800K baby monitors
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game