West Side crash leaves 1 dead, teen injured
September 8, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Police say a three-car crash has left one person dead and a teenager in the hospital on Chicago's West Side.
The accident happened at Grand Avenue near Kostner just before 5:30 a.m. Sunday morning.
A 25-year-old victim was pronounced dead at the scene, while a 17-year-old was taken to Illinois Masonic Hospital.
Two other females refused medical treatment.
Police say the crash may have been the result of a car chase between several vehicles.
One of those vehicles fled the scene. Police are looking for the driver.
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 6 shot at Austin party
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos