West Side crash leaves 1 dead, teen injured
September 8, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Police say a three-car crash has left one person dead and a teenager in the hospital on Chicago's West Side.
The accident happened at Grand Avenue near Kostner just before 5:30 a.m. Sunday morning.
A 25-year-old victim was pronounced dead at the scene, while a 17-year-old was taken to Illinois Masonic Hospital.
Two other females refused medical treatment.
Police say the crash may have been the result of a car chase between several vehicles.
One of those vehicles fled the scene. Police are looking for the driver.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Chicago FOP president suspended 11 min ago
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago
- Rodman returns to N. Korea on basketball diplomacy trip 44 min ago
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd 11 min ago
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor