West Side crash leaves 1 dead, teen injured
September 8, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Police say a three-car crash has left one person dead and a teenager in the hospital on Chicago's West Side.
The accident happened at Grand Avenue near Kostner just before 5:30 a.m. Sunday morning.
A 25-year-old victim was pronounced dead at the scene, while a 17-year-old was taken to Illinois Masonic Hospital.
Two other females refused medical treatment.
Police say the crash may have been the result of a car chase between several vehicles.
One of those vehicles fled the scene. Police are looking for the driver.
- 4 children injured in S. Side drive-by shooting
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout