Ventra Cards available for all users Monday
September 8, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Monday is a big day for the Chicago Transit Authority and Pace as they roll out the Ventra Cards for all riders.
Ventra was rolled out to U-Pass Chicago card holders and Chicago Public School students first.
Now, all CTA users will be able to use the new system.
Your existing fare cards will still work but that system will be discontinued at the end of the year.
CTA says it will have extra workers at train stations during the morning and evening commute to answer any questions you may have.
cta news, local
- Lake Shore Drive standoff ends, suspect in custody 3 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Calif. billionaire buys record life insurance policy
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans