Ventra Cards available for all users Monday
September 8, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Monday is a big day for the Chicago Transit Authority and Pace as they roll out the Ventra Cards for all riders.
Ventra was rolled out to U-Pass Chicago card holders and Chicago Public School students first.
Now, all CTA users will be able to use the new system.
Your existing fare cards will still work but that system will be discontinued at the end of the year.
CTA says it will have extra workers at train stations during the morning and evening commute to answer any questions you may have.
cta news, local
- Chicago temps to plunge as arctic air moves in
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Huge fire hydrants auctioned to benefit 100 Club
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Soul Children give Chicago show before Europe tour
- Photos: Toddler falls meeting Obama puppy 'Sunny'
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot