David Johnson charged, shot by police after threatening officers with a gun
September 8, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Charges were filed Sunday night against a man who was shot by Chicago police after reportedly threatening them with a gun.
Officers were patrolling the 6300 block of South King Drive early Saturday morning when they saw a man firing a gun at a passing vehicle.
They ordered 23-year-old David Johnson to drop his weapon.
Police say he pointed his gun at them.
They fired and eventually shot Johnson in the leg.
He faces a series of charges including aggravated assault of an officer.
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet 9 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 26 min ago
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 7 min ago
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event 6 min ago
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
7 min ago
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing...
9 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift...
26 min ago
- Rare Tea Cellar stocks one-of-a-kind products
15 min ago