Firefighter reportedly hurt battling South Side restaurant blaze at 105th and Ewing
September 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A firefighter reportedly was injured at a building fire Monday morning.
It happened early near 105th Street and Ewing. The firefighter was on the roof of a restaurant that caught fire.
There were reports that he was injured while on the roof, and that prompted an emergency call with dozens of firefighters rushing to the building to help rescue him.
Later Monday morning, there was no word on his condition.
more on this breaking story as the information becomes available.
- Snow cancels, delays flights at airports 27 min ago
- Bears fans warned about dangerous game weather
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 35 min ago
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless
- Chicago pastor investigated for child sex abuse
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up 29 min ago
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela 29 min ago
- Shirley MacLaine on Kennedy Center Honors: 'It's about time'
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
35 min ago
- 7 in :77
38 min ago
- Snow cancels, delays flights at airports
27 min ago