Firefighter reportedly hurt battling South Side restaurant blaze at 105th and Ewing
September 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A firefighter reportedly was injured at a building fire Monday morning.
It happened early near 105th Street and Ewing. The firefighter was on the roof of a restaurant that caught fire.
There were reports that he was injured while on the roof, and that prompted an emergency call with dozens of firefighters rushing to the building to help rescue him.
Later Monday morning, there was no word on his condition.
more on this breaking story as the information becomes available.
- Firefighters, cop among 8 injured in South Side fire
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Suspect sought in Boystown alley sex assault
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Drunk driver charged with driving 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Teen smoking sees dramatic drop in Chicago
- Shedd announces female penguin chick's name
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand