Firefighter reportedly hurt battling South Side restaurant blaze at 105th and Ewing
September 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A firefighter reportedly was injured at a building fire Monday morning.
It happened early near 105th Street and Ewing. The firefighter was on the roof of a restaurant that caught fire.
There were reports that he was injured while on the roof, and that prompted an emergency call with dozens of firefighters rushing to the building to help rescue him.
Later Monday morning, there was no word on his condition.
more on this breaking story as the information becomes available.
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash 55 min ago
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT 31 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 19 min ago
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal 2 min ago
- New storm warning systems help save lives
- Illinois mumps outbreak puts health officials on alert
- CFD rescues elderly man from Roseland house fire
- Carol Stream man found guilty of child sex abuse
- Missing Aurora teen mom, baby girl found safe
- Pitbull added to Illinois State Fair lineup
- Car crashes into Richton Park currency exchange
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- Spring Tech Gadgets
23 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos