CTA Blue Line service to O'Hare restored after derailment
September 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Service has now been restored along CTA's Blue Line route to O'Hare following derailment near the Rosemont stop this morning.
Some passengers said that it was difficult to get derailment information.
When asked to describe the events this afternoon this is the response.
"Crazy and unorganized," said Pauline Dehenn, a commuter.
"Once again left in the dark&a big disaster," said Nicholas Notorangelo, a commuter.
"I don't have much time and I can't help it," said Arjun Mukherjee.
Tracy Klinedinst, a traveler said, "it looks like a cluster to me&on the hottest day of the summer."
Some passengers said they were put on another train after the derailment but the new train was stuck in the tunnel also.
"When we got under the tunnel...we got stuck ...the worst two hours ever," said Melessia Lyons.
"There was no air and they wouldn't let us open the doors," said Eric Ramsey.
"It was horrible. We were all sweating, there was a woman on the back of the train hyperventilating," said Evelyn Segura.
Tourists from Italy were also among passengers who were stuck.
"We stayed there for maybe one hour, and I didn't know what to do," said Matieo Murer.
"It was not really the best. We were on one train and then we had to switch to another. I don't know really what happened," said Daniel Perthoner.
Train service is moving through the rush hour. The cause of the derailment is still unknown.
cta news, local, leah hope
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by
- Woman killed in West Side hit-and-run
- Boston Marathon 2014 begins under strong security
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night
- Man charged in fatal Dan Ryan crash 32 min ago
- 2 officers hurt in Calumet Heights rollover crash
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Florida sinkhole threatens 2 Orlando-area homes
- Rubin Carter dead at 76; boxer 'Hurricane' exonerated in triple...
- Kevin Sharp dead at 43; country singer battled cancer young
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77