CTA Blue Line service to O'Hare restored after derailment
September 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Service has now been restored along CTA's Blue Line route to O'Hare following derailment near the Rosemont stop this morning.
Some passengers said that it was difficult to get derailment information.
When asked to describe the events this afternoon this is the response.
"Crazy and unorganized," said Pauline Dehenn, a commuter.
"Once again left in the dark&a big disaster," said Nicholas Notorangelo, a commuter.
"I don't have much time and I can't help it," said Arjun Mukherjee.
Tracy Klinedinst, a traveler said, "it looks like a cluster to me&on the hottest day of the summer."
Some passengers said they were put on another train after the derailment but the new train was stuck in the tunnel also.
"When we got under the tunnel...we got stuck ...the worst two hours ever," said Melessia Lyons.
"There was no air and they wouldn't let us open the doors," said Eric Ramsey.
"It was horrible. We were all sweating, there was a woman on the back of the train hyperventilating," said Evelyn Segura.
Tourists from Italy were also among passengers who were stuck.
"We stayed there for maybe one hour, and I didn't know what to do," said Matieo Murer.
"It was not really the best. We were on one train and then we had to switch to another. I don't know really what happened," said Daniel Perthoner.
Train service is moving through the rush hour. The cause of the derailment is still unknown.
cta news, local, leah hope
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this' 43 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert 38 min ago
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 20 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Snowboard park accident 911 calls released
- Volunteers get word out on insurance sign-up
- Bridge over Western demolished for Bloomingdale Trail
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
20 min ago
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through...
43 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
38 min ago