CTA Blue Line service to O'Hare restored after derailment
September 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Service has now been restored along CTA's Blue Line route to O'Hare following derailment near the Rosemont stop this morning.
Some passengers said that it was difficult to get derailment information.
When asked to describe the events this afternoon this is the response.
"Crazy and unorganized," said Pauline Dehenn, a commuter.
"Once again left in the dark&a big disaster," said Nicholas Notorangelo, a commuter.
"I don't have much time and I can't help it," said Arjun Mukherjee.
Tracy Klinedinst, a traveler said, "it looks like a cluster to me&on the hottest day of the summer."
Some passengers said they were put on another train after the derailment but the new train was stuck in the tunnel also.
"When we got under the tunnel...we got stuck ...the worst two hours ever," said Melessia Lyons.
"There was no air and they wouldn't let us open the doors," said Eric Ramsey.
"It was horrible. We were all sweating, there was a woman on the back of the train hyperventilating," said Evelyn Segura.
Tourists from Italy were also among passengers who were stuck.
"We stayed there for maybe one hour, and I didn't know what to do," said Matieo Murer.
"It was not really the best. We were on one train and then we had to switch to another. I don't know really what happened," said Daniel Perthoner.
Train service is moving through the rush hour. The cause of the derailment is still unknown.
cta news, local, leah hope
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually assaulted 38 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3 36 min ago
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago 54 min ago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move 52 min ago
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor
- 7 in :77
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually...
38 min ago