CTA Blue Line service to O'Hare restored after derailment
September 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Service has now been restored along CTA's Blue Line route to O'Hare following derailment near the Rosemont stop this morning.
Some passengers said that it was difficult to get derailment information.
When asked to describe the events this afternoon this is the response.
"Crazy and unorganized," said Pauline Dehenn, a commuter.
"Once again left in the dark&a big disaster," said Nicholas Notorangelo, a commuter.
"I don't have much time and I can't help it," said Arjun Mukherjee.
Tracy Klinedinst, a traveler said, "it looks like a cluster to me&on the hottest day of the summer."
Some passengers said they were put on another train after the derailment but the new train was stuck in the tunnel also.
"When we got under the tunnel...we got stuck ...the worst two hours ever," said Melessia Lyons.
"There was no air and they wouldn't let us open the doors," said Eric Ramsey.
"It was horrible. We were all sweating, there was a woman on the back of the train hyperventilating," said Evelyn Segura.
Tourists from Italy were also among passengers who were stuck.
"We stayed there for maybe one hour, and I didn't know what to do," said Matieo Murer.
"It was not really the best. We were on one train and then we had to switch to another. I don't know really what happened," said Daniel Perthoner.
Train service is moving through the rush hour. The cause of the derailment is still unknown.
cta news, local, leah hope
- Van driver dies in fiery CTA bus crash, ID'd as Eric West, Jr. 13 min ago
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Carla Oglesby, ex-Todd Stroger aide, gets 6.5 years 48 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 36 min ago
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978 35 min ago
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Photos: "That happened how?" Bizarre mix-ups
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- ABC 7 to Go April 23, 2014
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos