Witnesses take stand in Eugene Mullins corruption trial
September 10, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- More witnesses for the prosecution took the stand Tuesday in the corruption trial of Eugene Mullins.
The former aide to Todd Stroger is charged in a kickback scheme involving government contracts.
Federal authorities say Mullins accepted thousands of dollars while he was working for the former Cook County Board president. In exchange, he steered government contracts to acquaintances.
Mullins denies the charges.
- Frigid temps, sub-zero wind chills settle in
- Driver questioned in deadly Skokie crash
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side 14 min ago
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation 45 min ago
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault 12 min ago
- Toy Parade gathers gifts for children in need 15 min ago
- Pearl Harbor bombing anniversary marked
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $297M
- United Airlines takes Starlight kids on trip to North Pole 47 min ago
- Video: The Ditka you didn't know
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area