Series of Austin car burglaries, thefts reported
September 11, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police are warning Austin residents about a series of recent car burglaries and thefts on the West Side.
The first theft happened in the 700-block of North Central Avenue. Two more thefts happened in the 4900-block of West Ferdinand street and in the 4900-block of West Arthington Street.
In all three incidents, victims legally parked their cars and had their keys with them, but returned later to find vehicles either burglarized or stolen.
- 3-year old killed in North Side fire 2 min ago
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm 51 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- Carly Rousso trial date set for fatal DUI crash 18 min ago
- Quarry to resume operations following McCook earthquake 7 min ago
- Chicago River to be dyed green this weekend despite ice 51 min ago
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase
- Political consultant hit by falling ice
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm
51 min ago