Series of Austin car burglaries, thefts reported
September 11, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police are warning Austin residents about a series of recent car burglaries and thefts on the West Side.
The first theft happened in the 700-block of North Central Avenue. Two more thefts happened in the 4900-block of West Ferdinand street and in the 4900-block of West Arthington Street.
In all three incidents, victims legally parked their cars and had their keys with them, but returned later to find vehicles either burglarized or stolen.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies after Bellwood shooting 47 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults 20 min ago
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos