Naperville speeding record? Police say Konnor Burns, 24, clocked driving 124 mph
September 11, 2013 (NAPERVILLE, Ill.) (WLS) -- 124 miles per hour. That's how fast Naperville police say a man was driving when he flew by an officer over the weekend.
Konnor Burns, 24, is now charged with reckless driving and driving under the influence. Police say he was behind the wheel of this Dodge Charger when he passed one officer parked along Plainfield-Naperville Road. That officer clocked him going 103 miles per hour and couldn't keep up with the car.
Moments later a second officer spotted the car traveling even faster, and nearly triple the 45-mile per hour speed limit. The pursuit ended in front of Burns' home when police say his father tried to cover for his son.
"As the officer pulled up to the house he saw the kid running into the house. He knocked on the door and the father tried to protect the son saying, 'I was driving,'" said Sergeant Lou Cammiso, Naperville police.
William Burns is now charged with interfering with police. The family declined to speak with ABC7 on Wednesday.
As for that 124 miles per hour speed, Naperville police say it may be the fastest they've ever caught someone driving.
local, ben bradley
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery 38 min ago
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Minimum wage hike referendums on Tuesday's ballots
- Swimming pools upgrade project moving forward
- Blagojevich begins 3rd year in prison 51 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future 42 min ago
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years...
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz... 28 min ago
- Mujeres Latinas en Acción: Voces...
12 min ago