Naperville speeding record? Police say Konnor Burns, 24, clocked driving 124 mph
September 11, 2013 (NAPERVILLE, Ill.) (WLS) -- 124 miles per hour. That's how fast Naperville police say a man was driving when he flew by an officer over the weekend.
Konnor Burns, 24, is now charged with reckless driving and driving under the influence. Police say he was behind the wheel of this Dodge Charger when he passed one officer parked along Plainfield-Naperville Road. That officer clocked him going 103 miles per hour and couldn't keep up with the car.
Moments later a second officer spotted the car traveling even faster, and nearly triple the 45-mile per hour speed limit. The pursuit ended in front of Burns' home when police say his father tried to cover for his son.
"As the officer pulled up to the house he saw the kid running into the house. He knocked on the door and the father tried to protect the son saying, 'I was driving,'" said Sergeant Lou Cammiso, Naperville police.
William Burns is now charged with interfering with police. The family declined to speak with ABC7 on Wednesday.
As for that 124 miles per hour speed, Naperville police say it may be the fastest they've ever caught someone driving.
local, ben bradley
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub 1 min ago
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Metra delays after man hit by train on NW Side 42 min ago
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest 33 min ago
- Guzman lieutenant set to plead guilty in Chicago 34 min ago
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather 20 min ago
- Fortune cookie turns Bronx woman into millionaire
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- 7 in :77
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park...
1 min ago