No tax hike for DuPage residents
September 11, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- DuPage County property owners will not see a tax increase this year.The proposed county budget would keep the tax levy flat at $66.6 million.
Revenue estimates are positive, which means an increase was not necessary.
The County Board Chairman says county government, "must live within its means."
The Board has until the end of November to approve the budget.
- 4 children injured in S. Side drive-by shooting
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout