No tax hike for DuPage residents
September 11, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- DuPage County property owners will not see a tax increase this year.The proposed county budget would keep the tax levy flat at $66.6 million.
Revenue estimates are positive, which means an increase was not necessary.
The County Board Chairman says county government, "must live within its means."
The Board has until the end of November to approve the budget.
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across Chicago area 1 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Hadiya Pendleton Foundation holds holiday toy drive
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- Kids recite world leaders' speeches for contest
- 1 dead, 9 wounded in shootings since Friday
- Santa hands out coats to kids at Englewood police station
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos