No tax hike for DuPage residents
September 11, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- DuPage County property owners will not see a tax increase this year.The proposed county budget would keep the tax levy flat at $66.6 million.
Revenue estimates are positive, which means an increase was not necessary.
The County Board Chairman says county government, "must live within its means."
The Board has until the end of November to approve the budget.
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square 24 min ago
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway 16 min ago
- Mayor expands repaving streets plan due to potholes 1 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Pfleger wants 'American' billboard with assault weapon removed 8 min ago
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Chicago-Portland flight allegedly disrupted by man who wanted 4...
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open
- NJ judge rules moms don't have to let dads in delivery room
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping