Military family given mortgage-free home in Bolingbrook
September 12, 2013 (BOLINGBROOK, Ill.) (WLS) -- There was a big surprise for a military family on Thursday. James Wallace, his wife and son have a new home in Bolingbrook, and they don't have a mortgage.
NASCAR legend Richard Petty was in on the surprise, giving the family the keys to the house.
Wallace is a marine who served two tours in Afghanistan. Eckrich worked with Operation Homefront to get the family a home.
Petty says it's a way to thank Wallace for his service. Wallace calls it, "Amazing."
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD