Military family given mortgage-free home in Bolingbrook
September 12, 2013 (BOLINGBROOK, Ill.) (WLS) -- There was a big surprise for a military family on Thursday. James Wallace, his wife and son have a new home in Bolingbrook, and they don't have a mortgage.
NASCAR legend Richard Petty was in on the surprise, giving the family the keys to the house.
Wallace is a marine who served two tours in Afghanistan. Eckrich worked with Operation Homefront to get the family a home.
Petty says it's a way to thank Wallace for his service. Wallace calls it, "Amazing."
- Officer, man shot in Arlington Heights standoff 53 min ago
- Brutal cold grips continues; more snow coming 59 min ago
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 59 min ago
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun to Elgin school
- Gun violence victims remembered at Roseland vigil
- Block 37 developers indicted on federal fraud charges
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Our Lady of Guadalupe celebration wraps up in Des Plaines
- Feds crack down on unsafe buses
- No retrial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Rally held to support CTA program that helps ex-convicts
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
59 min ago
- Officer, man shot in Arlington Heights...
53 min ago
- Brutal cold grips continues; more snow coming
59 min ago