Chicago native Kathy Gaarde killed in Navy Yard shooting
September 17, 2013 (WASHINGTON) (WLS) -- One of the Navy Yard shooting victims was born and raised in Chicago.
Kathy Gaarde, 62, worked at the Navy Yard as a financial analyst. She had lived in the Washington, D.C. area for nearly 40 years.
This is a picture of Gaarde with her mother, who passed away last year.
Her family says she loved animals and hockey.
- Fire destroys Gary church, vacant building
- Chicago fast-food workers protest low wages
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Temps fall, snow expected Sunday
- CTA Blue Line to receive $492M investment
- Richard Gillman gets 4 years in prison, 2 years of probation in...
- Man pleads not guilty to killing wife with machete, suffocating... 43 min ago
- 2 sex assault attempts reported in Humboldt Park
- Coyote interrupts morning rush on I-55
- Homeowner tied up during La Grange Park robbery
- 2 men charged with felony mail theft
- Uptown fire forces residents out of apartments
- Woman, 23, missing from Lincoln Square
- ABC7 To Go, Dec. 5, 2013
44 min ago