Michael Babinski, 49, dies after shooting accident at Lyons firing range
September 17, 2013 (LYONS, Ill.) (WLS) -- A 49-year-old man died after he apparently shot himself Tuesday afternoon at a shooting range in suburban Lyons. Investigators think it was an accident.
Police were called to the 8500-block of Plainfield Road in Lyons just before 2 p.m.
According to a statement from police, "Upon officer's arrival, a subject was located on the first floor of the gun range with what appeared to be a serious head wound. That subject was transported to Loyola Hospital in critical condition."
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie 41 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes 2 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles 35 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21 51 min ago
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting 59 min ago
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools 29 min ago
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie
41 min ago