Michael Babinski, 49, dies after shooting accident at Lyons firing range
September 17, 2013 (LYONS, Ill.) (WLS) -- A 49-year-old man died after he apparently shot himself Tuesday afternoon at a shooting range in suburban Lyons. Investigators think it was an accident.
Police were called to the 8500-block of Plainfield Road in Lyons just before 2 p.m.
According to a statement from police, "Upon officer's arrival, a subject was located on the first floor of the gun range with what appeared to be a serious head wound. That subject was transported to Loyola Hospital in critical condition."
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- 7 in :77