Georgia triple-murder suspect may be in Chicago
September 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A man who is suspected of murdering three people in Georgia may be headed to Chicago.
Investigators say Robert Bell,33, is considered armed, dangerous and currently on the run.
Bell is accused of murdering a 34-year-old woman, her 12-year-old son and 19-year-old godson. A fourth gunshot victim is expected to survive.
Investigators say that bell was living with the victims near Atlanta. The homeowner let Bell stay in the home as an act of charity.
Bell has a previous Chicago address and an address in Joliet. He has been arrested in Illinois multiple times.
"We're considering him armed and dangerous; we do believe we have recovered the murder weapon," said Jake Smith of the Gwinnett County Police Department. "We don't know what other weapons he might have access to."
local, jason knowles
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood 1 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines 31 min ago
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS 54 min ago
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids 25 min ago
- Employees, customers prepare for Dominick's final days
- Midlothian's The Tint Shop burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case 47 min ago
- Gov. Quinn looks back on 2013
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in...
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos