2 charged after burning bodies found in Palos Park forest preserve
September 23, 2013 (PALOS PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Murder charges have been filed in the death of a mother and daughter in Palos Park. Police sources say the husband of the daughter and another person are the suspects.
Both women had been strangled and their bodies were set on fire inside a trunk. The burning PT Cruiser was found in the Cap Sauers Holdings Nature Preserve in southwest suburban Palos Park.
The Cook County Medical Examiner is waiting on dental records to confirm the women's identities. Police say the victims, in their 70s and 50s, are from the Chicago area.
local, diane pathieu
- Chicago River dyeing a St. Patrick's Day tradition
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Video: Noel O'Conner, Mayor of County Cork, Ireland
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- abcnews: Doctor Performs Illegal, Cut-Rate Butt...