2 charged after burning bodies found in Palos Park forest preserve
September 23, 2013 (PALOS PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Murder charges have been filed in the death of a mother and daughter in Palos Park. Police sources say the husband of the daughter and another person are the suspects.
Both women had been strangled and their bodies were set on fire inside a trunk. The burning PT Cruiser was found in the Cap Sauers Holdings Nature Preserve in southwest suburban Palos Park.
The Cook County Medical Examiner is waiting on dental records to confirm the women's identities. Police say the victims, in their 70s and 50s, are from the Chicago area.
local, diane pathieu
- 4 children injured in S. Side drive-by shooting
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout