2 charged after burning bodies found in Palos Park forest preserve
September 23, 2013 (PALOS PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Murder charges have been filed in the death of a mother and daughter in Palos Park. Police sources say the husband of the daughter and another person are the suspects.
Both women had been strangled and their bodies were set on fire inside a trunk. The burning PT Cruiser was found in the Cap Sauers Holdings Nature Preserve in southwest suburban Palos Park.
The Cook County Medical Examiner is waiting on dental records to confirm the women's identities. Police say the victims, in their 70s and 50s, are from the Chicago area.
local, diane pathieu
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos