Man accused of child luring and sex assault on Northwest side
September 25, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police have issued a community alert after a man allegedly lured a 12-year-old girl into his car and sexually assaulted her on Chicago's Northwest Side.
The attack allegedly happened September 18 near Foster Ave. and Milwaukee Ave. in the Jefferson Park neighborhood. According to the alert, the man lured the girl into a green conversion van and drove her to Foster Ave. and East River Rd. where he assaulted her.
The attacker is described as a Hispanic man, 35-40 years old, 5'5"-5'8", 200 lbs, brown eyes, a long goatee, a shaved head and a medium complexion. He's also described as having a "pot belly" and was reportedly wearing all black at the time of the attack.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Chicago Police Special Investigations Unit at (312) 492-3810.
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs
- Chicago Skyway reopened after 5 injured in accident
- Renee Fleming, Yo Yo Ma celebrate CPS arts program
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Chicago Children's Choir alumni reunite to honor Mandela
- Family searching for missing Lansing man
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney