3 girls charged in South Loop pepper spray attacks
September 26, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Three juvenile girls have been charged with misdemeanors after allegedly attacking two women with pepper spray in the South Loop.
Police said the first attack occurred about 10:30 p.m., when a group of three girls approached a 24-year-old woman on foot and sprayed her as she stood outside in the 1100 block of South State Street. The woman was treated and released from Mercy Hospital, police said.
Shortly after, a 26-year-old woman was also sprayed in the 1300 block of South State Street. The woman's injuries were treated on the scene, police said.
Three female juveniles have been charged with battery and simple assault, both misdemeanors, police said. They are scheduled to appear in juvenile court.
Police could not offer a motive for the attacks.
Sun-Times Media contributed to this article.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Snowboard park accident 911 calls released
- Volunteers get word out on insurance sign-up
- Bridge over Western demolished for Bloomingdale Trail
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All