Woman in critical condition after Chicago police shooting
September 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police shot a woman they say was pointing a gun at officers Thursday night in Pilsen. She is in critical condition.
The shooting occurred about 10:40 p.m. in the 1000 block of West 19th Street. Officers were responding to a call of a person with a gun on that block, according to a statement from the Chicago Police News Affairs office.
Officers watched the woman walk from the 1000-block of West Cullerton to the 1900-block of South Morgan before walking into an alley behind Cullerton, Fraternal Order of Police spokesman Pat Camden said. The officers drove into the alley and found the woman hiding behind a garbage can, Camden said. She came out and pointed a gun at the officers, he said. Police then fired, he said.
The woman was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
A BB gun that looked like a handgun was recovered from the scene.
chicago news, diane pathieu
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago corruption charges
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation