Former Mayor Daley visits Gary revitalization efforts
September 28, 2013 (GARY, Ind.) (WLS) -- Richard Daley spent part of Saturday in Gary, Indiana, as the former Chicago mayor visited the town's Tolleston neighborhood, which is part of a revitalization community clean-up.
The initiative was developed with Daley, students from the University of Chicago and the city of Gary.
During the visit, students also helped to take surveys of vacant and abandoned properties in the area.
Since the program launched in early June, three neighborhoods have been revitalized.
- Falling ice triggered by latest winter storm
- Young girl killed by falling bookcase in Northbrook
- 3-year old killed in Rogers Park fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Stone lions vandalized at Chicago museum
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted on Northwest Side
- Pre-high blood pressure can increase stroke risk, study finds
- Snow carving left by artist at State, Van Buren
- Political consultant hit by falling ice
- Chicago River to be dyed green this weekend despite ice
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- Chicago students take part in poetry festival
- Video: Ice chunks undulate on Lake Michigan
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping