Police announce distracted driving enforcement detail
September 29, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Illinois State Police District Chicago officials announced a Distracted Driving Enforcement Detail is scheduled for September 30, 2013
The detail will be conducted along the entire stretch of the Kennedy Expressway (I-90).
Distracted driving, more commonly referred to as Texting while Driving, is unsafe, irresponsible and in a split second, its consequences can be devastating.
The use of a cell phone while driving increases your chances of being involved in a crash significantly and motorists are encouraged to practice good habits and avoid the risks.
Officers working this enforcement detail will be watchful for distracted driving; texting, emailing, internet or related usages are all prohibited while driving.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap