Police shooting injures man on West 76th Street
October 1, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police shot and injured a man in the 1300-block of West 76th Street late Monday.
According to police, officers were called to the area because of a report of a man with a gun. When officers approached him, they say he ran, then turned and pointed a weapon at them.
The officers opened fire. Riley Thomas, 22, was shot in the elbow and was in custody at Holy Cross Hospital Tuesday.
Police say a weapon was recovered at the scene.
No officers were hurt.
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student 19 min ago
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say 48 min ago
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox 32 min ago
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects to remain jailed
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds