Hit-and-run crashes hurt 2 pedestrians on Fullerton
October 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Two pedestrians were injured in hit-and-run crashes that happened within hours and blocks of each other on the Northwest Side.
The accidents happened on Fullerton at Lawndale and Leclaire.
According to Chicago police, the first accident happened around 6 p.m. Tuesday in the 5100-block of West Fullerton at Leclaire. A man in his 30s was hit by a red car and transported in serious condition to Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center.
The 18-year-old driver of the vehicle turned himself in hours late. Charges were pending Wednesday morning.
In the second incident at Fullerton and Lawndale, a black pickup truck hit a 17-year-old girl as she was in the crosswalk at approximately 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. She was transported to a hospital in critical condition. The driver of that pickup truck took off and was ast seen on North Lawndale Avenue.
No one was in custody Wednesday in that case.
Chicago police Area North detectives say they are investigating both crashes.
local, diane pathieu
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more 57 min ago
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer