Hit-and-run crashes hurt 2 pedestrians on Fullerton
October 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Two pedestrians were injured in hit-and-run crashes that happened within hours and blocks of each other on the Northwest Side.
The accidents happened on Fullerton at Lawndale and Leclaire.
According to Chicago police, the first accident happened around 6 p.m. Tuesday in the 5100-block of West Fullerton at Leclaire. A man in his 30s was hit by a red car and transported in serious condition to Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center.
The 18-year-old driver of the vehicle turned himself in hours late. Charges were pending Wednesday morning.
In the second incident at Fullerton and Lawndale, a black pickup truck hit a 17-year-old girl as she was in the crosswalk at approximately 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. She was transported to a hospital in critical condition. The driver of that pickup truck took off and was ast seen on North Lawndale Avenue.
No one was in custody Wednesday in that case.
Chicago police Area North detectives say they are investigating both crashes.
local, diane pathieu
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by
- Woman killed in West Side hit-and-run
- Boston Marathon 2014 begins under strong security
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night
- Man charged in fatal Dan Ryan crash 50 min ago
- 2 officers hurt in Calumet Heights rollover crash
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Florida sinkhole threatens 2 Orlando-area homes
- Rubin Carter dead at 76; boxer 'Hurricane' exonerated in triple...
- Kevin Sharp dead at 43; country singer battled cancer young
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77