Students, staff remember Thornwood High School security guard Richard Cowser
October 2, 2013 (SOUTH HOLLAND, Ill.) (WLS) -- Students lit candles in memory of Thornwood High School security guard Richard Cowser on Wednesday night. He died after falling last week while trying to break up a fight at the school.
Cowser had worked there for 1 year and was an alum.
Students and staff shared stories of how he impacted their lives. Many at the school knew him as "Hulk."
South Holland police say no charges will be filed in Cowser's death. The school is conducting its own investigation.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 54 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 24 min ago
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted 17 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend 44 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Dog rescue underway at Lake Michigan
- Foreign military mission barred from Crimea
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
24 min ago
- Charles "Peanut" Tillman 5k Walk/ Run
37 min ago