Police: Missing Lake Villa man's car found in Vernon Hills
October 3, 2013 (VERNON HILLS, Ill.) (WLS) -- Police say they found a car in Vernon Hills matching the description of the one belonging to Nick Steward, a man missing from Lake Villa.
Steward was driving a white 2008 Saturn Aura when he was last seen on September 20. His relatives say his I-Pass shows he went through the Touhy Avenue toll booth on I-294 around 5:30 that evening.
A Vernon Hills police officer in the neighborhood recognized the car in a parking lot while on an unrelated call.
Vernon Hills Police and the Lake County State's Attorny's office said they are investigating. They have been searching a large wooded area behind the parking lot, and friends and neighbors have come there looking for news.
"I've just been praying this whole week. I heard the news at church and I'm just in shock. He was a great man and I'm hopeful that he's here with us," said Genevieve Reznicek, friend.
The car was removed and will be searched for any evidence.
local, john garcia
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 6 shot at Austin party 44 min ago
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead 57 min ago
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross 43 min ago
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- Newsviews - Tom Cross
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos