Police: Missing Lake Villa man's car found in Vernon Hills
October 3, 2013 (VERNON HILLS, Ill.) (WLS) -- Police say they found a car in Vernon Hills matching the description of the one belonging to Nick Steward, a man missing from Lake Villa.
Steward was driving a white 2008 Saturn Aura when he was last seen on September 20. His relatives say his I-Pass shows he went through the Touhy Avenue toll booth on I-294 around 5:30 that evening.
A Vernon Hills police officer in the neighborhood recognized the car in a parking lot while on an unrelated call.
Vernon Hills Police and the Lake County State's Attorny's office said they are investigating. They have been searching a large wooded area behind the parking lot, and friends and neighbors have come there looking for news.
"I've just been praying this whole week. I heard the news at church and I'm just in shock. He was a great man and I'm hopeful that he's here with us," said Genevieve Reznicek, friend.
The car was removed and will be searched for any evidence.
local, john garcia
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 Skokie residents 5 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus