Healing Field in Aurora supports military families
October 4, 2013 (AURORA, Ill.) (WLS) -- The city of Aurora is urging people to show their support for the men and women of the military by sponsoring a flag in the Healing Field.
It's located near the West Aurora High School football field.
Two thousand thirteen flags will be installed in the field for ten days next month ahead of Veteran's Day.
The field is a way to show appreciation for the service and sacrifice of those in the military.
"The Healing Field here at West Aurora High School is a representation of each person who left this land and returned with stories that only they can understand, as well as those who left this land and sadly never returned," said Aurora Mayor Tom Weisner.
The Healing Field was started after the 911 attacks in 2001 to illustrate how many people lost their lives that day.
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm 4 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 31 min ago
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
31 min ago
- ABC7 to Go, March 12, 2014
6 min ago
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm
4 min ago