Backpacks distributed to the Chicago homeless
October 4, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Backpacks specially designed for homeless people are going to be handed out in Chicago this fall.
The first of 2,300 of them were distributed at Chicago Lights Elam Davies Social Service Center on Friday.
Chicago businessman Ron Kaplan started the project and says homeless people had input in the design of the waterproof backpacks.
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin 36 min ago
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings 39 min ago
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges 56 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 5 min ago
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run 55 min ago
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos