Ventra card change starts Monday for CTA, Pace riders
October 6, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Starting Monday, CTA and Pace riders will face a big change as the transit agencies switch over to the new Ventra payment system.
As of Monday, commuters will no longer be able to reload value onto Chicago cards and won't be able to buy magnetic stripe transit cards at rail station vending machines.
However, customers will be able to continue to reload any magnetic stripe fare cards they already have until November 15th.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs 17 min ago
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn; no winner
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 39 min ago
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead 2 min ago
- Pope honored as Catholics gather at Our Lady of Guadalupe 15 min ago
- Rod Blagojevich's wife Patti 'feeling hopeful' for appeal
- Alleged robber shot, killed by store owner ID'd 47 min ago
- Couple injured after van lands in Huntley creek
- Cops: Drunk ambulance driver caused Uptown crash
- Sen. Kirk released after gall bladder surgery
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from... 3 min ago
- Attempted child abduction on Chicago's Southwest Side
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
39 min ago
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city,...
17 min ago
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture...
3 min ago
- Pope honored as Catholics gather at Our...
15 min ago