Baby found dead in Oak Lawn home
October 6, 2013 (OAK LAWN, Ill.) (WLS) -- A baby was found dead in a home in the southwest suburbs.
It happened Sunday morning in Oak Lawn when police responded to a call of armed person at a home and a baby who was injured.
When they arrived, they performed CPR but the baby was pronounced dead at Advocate Christ Hospital.
"Praying for the family as well because it's gotta be a hard time for them, and they're just nice," said neighbor Carrie Lynn Hennessy. "I mean, they wave hello and never in the 11 years we've been here has there been police called or anything, so this is shocking for us, too."
Officers say the baby's parents left their child in the care of a relative and weren't at home.
That relative is now being questioned by police.
- Video: Chicago River dyed green for St. Patrick's Day 52 min ago
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force 43 min ago
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Speed cams start issuing tickets in some areas
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday
- 'Louder Than A Bomb' Poetry Slam
- Mercy Home For Boys & Girls 37 min ago
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- abcnews: Doctor Performs Illegal, Cut-Rate Butt...
- Chicago River dyed green for St. Patrick's...
52 min ago
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
43 min ago