Baby found dead in Oak Lawn home
October 6, 2013 (OAK LAWN, Ill.) (WLS) -- A baby was found dead in a home in the southwest suburbs.
It happened Sunday morning in Oak Lawn when police responded to a call of armed person at a home and a baby who was injured.
When they arrived, they performed CPR but the baby was pronounced dead at Advocate Christ Hospital.
"Praying for the family as well because it's gotta be a hard time for them, and they're just nice," said neighbor Carrie Lynn Hennessy. "I mean, they wave hello and never in the 11 years we've been here has there been police called or anything, so this is shocking for us, too."
Officers say the baby's parents left their child in the care of a relative and weren't at home.
That relative is now being questioned by police.
- Snow falls as shoppers brave cold temps
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- ON DEMAND: ABC 7 Chicago's 'Heart and Soul'
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Young singer with autism releases inspirational song
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Oklahoma earthquake rattles state at magnitude 4.5 13 min ago
- Stranded hiker rescued from Tenn. waterfall ledge 13 min ago
- Kennedy Center Honors for Joel, MacLaine, Santana, Hancock,... 21 min ago
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport 8 min ago
- Eyewitness to History: The Best of Ditka
49 min ago