iPad stolen at Batavia Panera; Facebook prompts its return
October 8, 2013 (BATAVIA, Ill.) (WLS) -- A couple standing at the counter of a Panera Bread in west suburban Batavia grabbed an iPad on the counter and put it in their bag.
The iPad was left there by another man who later reported it stolen. Batavia police decided to post surveillance video on their Crimestoppers Facebook page.
It was shared more than 1,000 times. The thief saw the video. He contacted the iPad owner and returned it. The owner decided not to press charges.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park 14 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released 15 min ago
- California earthquake centered in Eureka measures 6.9 magnitude
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- 7 in :77
8 min ago
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
14 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment...
15 min ago