Jelly Belly celebrates 100th anniversary in North Chicago
October 8, 2013 (NORTH CHICAGO, Ill.) (WLS) -- A private reception is planned Tuesday for business and community leaders to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Jelly Belly.
American Manufacturing makes the iconic candy at its plant in North Chicago.
It was built in 1913 by the Goelitz family.
The plant has been in operation for a century and producing candy at the same location.
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in Central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Cold weather brings flight delays, cancellations
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport