Police: Convicted sex offender posed as teen on Facebook to meet victims
October 9, 2013 (WLS) -- A convicted sex offender is accused of using a fake Facebook account to meet several teenaged victims.
Police are asking parents in the Oswego, Batavia and St. Charles area to check their children's Facebook friends.
Authorities say Eric Hakala set up an account under the name Mike Evans and pretended to be a 15-year-old student from St. Charles East High School.
Hakala is accused of having sexual chats with children and trading inappropriate pictures.
Parents of anyone contacted by Hakala are asked to preserve all conversations and photos and contact police.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake