Barlett football mom wins $1,000 presented by Brian Urlacher
October 10, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Jennifer Kmiecik was one of the ten national winners of USA Football and Courtyard Marriott's Inspire Greatness program.
Brian Urlacher helped present Kmiecik with a check for $1,000 to purchase safety equipment.
"It's just amazing. I know our team, our league, is going to be the safety for the helmets and everything that we need. The safety for the league. It's just going to be wonderful," said Jennifer Kmiecik.
Kmiecik has two sons who play in the league.
She says seeing the smiles on all the children's faces keeps her motivated.
- Snow cancels, delays flights at airports
- Bears fans warned about dangerous game weather
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless
- Rod Blagojevich arrest marks 5th anniversary
- Computer science to become core class under new CPS plan 13 min ago
- Police: Evanston drug deal might have led to armed robbery 5 min ago
- Nelson Mandela memorial draws Obama to South Africa 28 min ago
- Chicago pastor investigated for child sex abuse
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- Shirley MacLaine on Kennedy Center Honors: 'It's about time'
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport
- 7 in :77