Barlett football mom wins $1,000 presented by Brian Urlacher
October 10, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Jennifer Kmiecik was one of the ten national winners of USA Football and Courtyard Marriott's Inspire Greatness program.
Brian Urlacher helped present Kmiecik with a check for $1,000 to purchase safety equipment.
"It's just amazing. I know our team, our league, is going to be the safety for the helmets and everything that we need. The safety for the league. It's just going to be wonderful," said Jennifer Kmiecik.
Kmiecik has two sons who play in the league.
She says seeing the smiles on all the children's faces keeps her motivated.
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder 17 min ago
- Photos: Farm animals rescued in Kane County
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands 50 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 36 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 5 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- Netflix subscribers targeted in phishing scam
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010...
17 min ago
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami...
21 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos