Cook County receives $4M for construction projects
October 11, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Governor Pat Quinn announced that $4 million in capital investments will be used for construction projects in Cook County.
The Illinois Department of Transportation will manage the projects, which are part of the Illinois Jobs Now! Program and will support more than 439,000 jobs over six years, according to a release from Quinn's office.
"These construction projects will improve transportation safety and efficiency in Cook County, and also employ a number of construction workers, which will help the local economy," Quinn said.
Nearly $2 million will be used for installing light emitting diode (LED) signals and modernizing traffic signals throughout the county, according to a release from Quinn's office.
In north suburban Glencoe, more than $1.4 million will be used for the construction of a multi-use path on the south side of Lake Cook Road from the East Service Drive at the Chicago Botanic Garden to Blackhawk Road just west of the Union Pacific Railroad tracks, the release said.
More than $400,000 will go towards resurfacing and repairing streets and installing storm sewers in south suburban Country Club Hills, the release said.
In south suburban Robbins, Claire Boulevard from 139th Street to Kedzie Avenue will be resurfaced and sidewalks, curb and gutter will be replaced for $327,000, the release said.
(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire - Copyright Chicago Sun-Times 2013.)
- Extreme cold continues, more snow on the way 37 min ago
- Chicago memorials honor Nelson Mandela 15 min ago
- Evan Lysacek out of Sochi Games due to injury
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Man charged with pouring boiling water on teen 6 min ago
- Firefighter crashes van into Ind. home, suffers burns 43 min ago
- Sex assault trial begins without defendant, 85 38 min ago
- Northwest Side fire displaces 5
- Bears beat Cowboys 45-28 on Ditka Day
- Flossmoor fire injures woman
- Evanston attempted sex assault triggers alert
- O'Hare yoga room opening
- abcnews: Football player suspended for snowball fight
- 7 in :77
- Extreme cold continues, more snow on the way
37 min ago