Skull found in Will County creek
October 11, 2013 (JACKSON TWP., Ill.) (WLS) -- The Will County sheriff confirms workers working at a bridge near Chicagoland Speedway found a human skull in the shallow area of the creek.
The skull, found at Rowell Ave. in Jackson Township in unincorporated Will County, had no teeth nor lower jaw, police say. No other remains have been found and cadaver dogs were at the scene Friday to continue to search the area.
Police are saying there are no indications the skull has anything to do with any high-profile missing persons cases from Will County.
The area where the skull was found has many coyote dens surrounding it and is known for illegal garbage dumping, police say.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds