Skull found in Will County creek
October 11, 2013 (JACKSON TWP., Ill.) (WLS) -- The Will County sheriff confirms workers working at a bridge near Chicagoland Speedway found a human skull in the shallow area of the creek.
The skull, found at Rowell Ave. in Jackson Township in unincorporated Will County, had no teeth nor lower jaw, police say. No other remains have been found and cadaver dogs were at the scene Friday to continue to search the area.
Police are saying there are no indications the skull has anything to do with any high-profile missing persons cases from Will County.
The area where the skull was found has many coyote dens surrounding it and is known for illegal garbage dumping, police say.
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders 5 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Employees, customers prepare Dominick's final days 43 min ago
- Midlothian store allegedly burglarized 3 times in 1 night 35 min ago
- Gov. Quinn looks back on 2013
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- 'I-55 Bandit' pleads guilty to robbery charge
- Briggs' status still up in air for Bears
- Kanye West opens pop-up store in Chicago
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop...
5 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos