Car goes into pond in Morris; woman dies
October 12, 2013 (MORRIS, Ill.) (WLS) -- Police and paramedics responded early Saturday to the scene of an accident in the far southwestern suburbs where, apparently, a woman drove a car into a pond.
A passerby spotted the car in Morris, Ill., which is southwest of Joliet, and called 911.
Two police officers pulled the woman from the partially submerged car and did CPR.
"The cop was there in five seconds. We went down there, opened the door, pulled her out," said witness Pat McCabe.
"When firefighters arrived, they did a search. We're confident there was only one person," said Deputy Chief Robert Wills, Morris Fire Dept.
ABC7 Chicago has learned that woman died. Her identity was not being released immediately. It also was not clear why she crashed into the pond.
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 5 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash 16 min ago
- Hadiya Pendleton Foundation holds holiday toy drive 20 min ago
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- 1 dead, 9 wounded in shootings since Friday
- Astronauts sail through repair spacewalks aboard ISS
- Bensenville police shooting injures man
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos