Car goes into pond in Morris; woman dies
October 12, 2013 (MORRIS, Ill.) (WLS) -- Police and paramedics responded early Saturday to the scene of an accident in the far southwestern suburbs where, apparently, a woman drove a car into a pond.
A passerby spotted the car in Morris, Ill., which is southwest of Joliet, and called 911.
Two police officers pulled the woman from the partially submerged car and did CPR.
"The cop was there in five seconds. We went down there, opened the door, pulled her out," said witness Pat McCabe.
"When firefighters arrived, they did a search. We're confident there was only one person," said Deputy Chief Robert Wills, Morris Fire Dept.
ABC7 Chicago has learned that woman died. Her identity was not being released immediately. It also was not clear why she crashed into the pond.
- Police chase, standoff closes LSD at Fullerton 7 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Daily Herald: Kid Loses Foot In Train Accident
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz...