Car goes into pond in Morris; woman dies
October 12, 2013 (MORRIS, Ill.) (WLS) -- Police and paramedics responded early Saturday to the scene of an accident in the far southwestern suburbs where, apparently, a woman drove a car into a pond.
A passerby spotted the car in Morris, Ill., which is southwest of Joliet, and called 911.
Two police officers pulled the woman from the partially submerged car and did CPR.
"The cop was there in five seconds. We went down there, opened the door, pulled her out," said witness Pat McCabe.
"When firefighters arrived, they did a search. We're confident there was only one person," said Deputy Chief Robert Wills, Morris Fire Dept.
ABC7 Chicago has learned that woman died. Her identity was not being released immediately. It also was not clear why she crashed into the pond.
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 10 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train 37 min ago
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Massachusetts bans 'upskirt' photos after ruling
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- ABC7 To Go: 3-7-14
49 min ago