Woman who drowned in car in pond ID'd
October 12, 2013 (MORRIS, Ill.) (WLS) -- Police say Connie Stacy, 53, drowned after her car plunged into a pond in Morris, Ill.
A passerby saw Stacy's car go into the pond and called 911. The witness and two police officers pulled her from the partially submerged car, but she was in cardiac arrest. She was pronounced dead at a local hospital.
Officials haven't said what led her car to go into the pond.
Stacy is from Morris, which is southwest of Joliet.
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 22 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration 40 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- 4M passengers expected at Chicago's airports during holidays 57 min ago
- Man charged with fatal shooting of 12-year-old in 2012 27 min ago
- Deck the malls with security
- Cousin of Mass. gov, from Rockford, among 8 getting commutations 15 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- London Apollo Theatre collapse injures 79 35 min ago
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- 7 in :77
42 min ago
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos