Woman who drowned in car in pond ID'd
October 12, 2013 (MORRIS, Ill.) (WLS) -- Police say Connie Stacy, 53, drowned after her car plunged into a pond in Morris, Ill.
A passerby saw Stacy's car go into the pond and called 911. The witness and two police officers pulled her from the partially submerged car, but she was in cardiac arrest. She was pronounced dead at a local hospital.
Officials haven't said what led her car to go into the pond.
Stacy is from Morris, which is southwest of Joliet.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election 59 min ago
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 45 min ago
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen 55 min ago
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago corruption charges
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
45 min ago
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before...
59 min ago
- Calumet Fisheries smokes, fries fish on...
41 min ago