Woman who drowned in car in pond ID'd
October 12, 2013 (MORRIS, Ill.) (WLS) -- Police say Connie Stacy, 53, drowned after her car plunged into a pond in Morris, Ill.
A passerby saw Stacy's car go into the pond and called 911. The witness and two police officers pulled her from the partially submerged car, but she was in cardiac arrest. She was pronounced dead at a local hospital.
Officials haven't said what led her car to go into the pond.
Stacy is from Morris, which is southwest of Joliet.
- CPS adds 3 schools to turnaround list 5 min ago
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Vets raise money to build WWII submarine memorial 13 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Van driver dies in fiery CTA bus crash, ID'd as Eric West, Jr.
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- BNSF Metra trains moving again after semi crash at Kedzie 26 min ago
- Loyola: Student Lucas Fleisher found OK
- Carla Oglesby, ex-Todd Stroger aide, gets 6.5 years
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Iceberg twice size of Atlanta drifts away from Antarctica
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos