Aurora crash leaves 3 dead, 5 injured
October 14, 2013 (AURORA, Ill.) (WLS) -- Three people were killed, and five were injured when two cars crashed in Aurora over the weekend.
Police say two vehicles were involved in a head-on collision at approximately 11:49 p.m. on Broadway Ave. south of Hazel Ave. Police said seven members of a family from Montgomery were inside a Chrysler Town & Country minivan when it collided with a Dodge Challenger.
The 28-year-old driver of the Dodge Challenger was killed. No one else was riding in that vehicle.
Two people inside the minivan - a 57-year-old woman and her 77-year-old mother, were killed. Everyone else inside the van, including the 17-year-old driver and a 9-year-old child, were injured so severely police have to to interview them.
It is still unknown if drugs or alcohol played a factor.
The names of everyone involved are being withheld pending the notification of family members. Police are asking anyone with information or anyone who may have witnessed the accident to call Traffic Investigators at 630-256-5330.
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in Central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Cold weather brings flight delays, cancellations
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos