Aurora crash leaves 3 dead, 5 injured
October 14, 2013 (AURORA, Ill.) (WLS) -- Three people were killed, and five were injured when two cars crashed in Aurora over the weekend.
Police say two vehicles were involved in a head-on collision at approximately 11:49 p.m. on Broadway Ave. south of Hazel Ave. Police said seven members of a family from Montgomery were inside a Chrysler Town & Country minivan when it collided with a Dodge Challenger.
The 28-year-old driver of the Dodge Challenger was killed. No one else was riding in that vehicle.
Two people inside the minivan - a 57-year-old woman and her 77-year-old mother, were killed. Everyone else inside the van, including the 17-year-old driver and a 9-year-old child, were injured so severely police have to to interview them.
It is still unknown if drugs or alcohol played a factor.
The names of everyone involved are being withheld pending the notification of family members. Police are asking anyone with information or anyone who may have witnessed the accident to call Traffic Investigators at 630-256-5330.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 9 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines under way
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days 19 min ago
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained 45 min ago
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
9 min ago