3 Aurora crash fatalities ID'd
October 15, 2013 (AURORA, Ill.) (WLS) -- Aurora police have identified the victims of a traffic accident that took place late Sunday night on the city's east side, leaving three dead and five injured.
They are Oscar O. Rodriguez, 28, of the 600 block of Iowa Ave., Aurora; and Rosa Cuanetl, 57; and Andrea Moyotl, 77, both of the 1100 block of Hinckley St., Montgomery.
The most serious injuries were suffered by a 10-year-old boy and the vehicle's 17-year-old female driver. The boy was initially treated at an Aurora hospital and the female at a Geneva hospital.
The other passengers were all males, ages 9, 12, and 40 that were treated at Aurora hospitals.
Police say two vehicles were involved in the head-on collision at approximately 11:49 p.m. on Broadway Ave. south of Hazel Ave. Police said seven members of the family from Montgomery were inside a Chrysler Town & Country minivan when it collided with Rodriguez's Dodge Challenger after he crossed into oncoming traffic.
It is still unknown if drugs or alcohol played a factor. Autopsies were being performed. Police are asking anyone with information or anyone who may have witnessed the accident to call Traffic Investigators at 630-256-5330.
- Fire destroys Gary church, vacant building
- Chicago fast-food workers protest low wages
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Ex-Benedictine monk pleads guilty to child abduction charge 19 min ago
- CTA Blue Line to receive $492M investment
- Richard Gillman gets 4 years in prison, 2 years of probation in...
- Man pleads not guilty to killing wife with machete, suffocating...
- Temps fall, snow expected Sunday
- 2 sex assault attempts reported in Humboldt Park
- Coyote interrupts morning rush on I-55
- Homeowner tied up during La Grange Park robbery
- 2 men charged with felony mail theft
- Uptown fire forces residents out of apartments