3 Aurora crash fatalities ID'd
October 15, 2013 (AURORA, Ill.) (WLS) -- Aurora police have identified the victims of a traffic accident that took place late Sunday night on the city's east side, leaving three dead and five injured.
They are Oscar O. Rodriguez, 28, of the 600 block of Iowa Ave., Aurora; and Rosa Cuanetl, 57; and Andrea Moyotl, 77, both of the 1100 block of Hinckley St., Montgomery.
The most serious injuries were suffered by a 10-year-old boy and the vehicle's 17-year-old female driver. The boy was initially treated at an Aurora hospital and the female at a Geneva hospital.
The other passengers were all males, ages 9, 12, and 40 that were treated at Aurora hospitals.
Police say two vehicles were involved in the head-on collision at approximately 11:49 p.m. on Broadway Ave. south of Hazel Ave. Police said seven members of the family from Montgomery were inside a Chrysler Town & Country minivan when it collided with Rodriguez's Dodge Challenger after he crossed into oncoming traffic.
It is still unknown if drugs or alcohol played a factor. Autopsies were being performed. Police are asking anyone with information or anyone who may have witnessed the accident to call Traffic Investigators at 630-256-5330.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop 54 min ago
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn 58 min ago
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper 45 min ago
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- Ohio Turnpike crash kills 3; Victims ID'd
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West...
54 min ago