Semi-truck crash closes SB I-55 temporarily at Bluff near Channahon; lanes reopened
October 16, 2013 (CHANNAHON, Ill.) (WLS) -- Southbound lanes of I-55 have been reopened following a crash involving three semi-trucks and at least three cars near Channahon Wednesday morning.
Chopper7HD flew over the scene as Illinois State Police responded at approximately 7 a.m.
State police say at least three people were hurt.
Crews were detouring traffic off at Route 6 while the lanes were closed. The traffic backup was at least two miles.
local, roz varon
- Firefighters, cop among 8 injured in South Side fire
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 58 min ago
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Suspect sought in Boystown alley sex assault
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Drunk driver charged with driving 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Teen smoking sees dramatic drop in Chicago
- Shedd announces female penguin chick's name
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand